Honestly, we hope not to be around very long. We would love nothing more than to exist to help out for the next couple of months and then have conditions change enough that we are rendered obsolete.
Here is how it will work:
1. Fill out a “request delivery” form.
2. You’ll get a call from a volunteer who will be completing your delivery so you can confirm for them exactly what you need and where you need it from.
3. You can choose to pay in one of 3 ways:
a. Call the store in advance to place the order and pay with credit card over the phone.
b. Provide your volunteer with cash before they complete your order.
c. Reimburse volunteer after they pick up your items.
4. Whatever payment method you select, your volunteer will include a receipt in the delivery bag and leave the bag at your doorstep, ringing your doorbell so you it’s arrived.
Not every COVID-19 carrier is symptomatic, and we cannot completely eliminate risk. We have implemented the following safety guidelines to minimize and potential transmission.
All volunteers confirm that they:
1. Have not traveled out of the country in the last 14 days
2. Are not exhibiting any signs of compromised health
3. Have not come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
4. Have been practicing social distancing
We ask our volunteers to wear gloves during deliveries, as well as recommend volunteers to avoid unnecessary touching of items and utilize a self checkout option if available. Volunteers are additionally requested to take every CDC safety precaution including:
1. Washing hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds and using hand sanitizer as needed.
2. Refraining from touching their face after having been outside.
3. Practicing ‘social distancing’ – staying indoors, avoiding crowds, and staying 6 feet away from other people if you have to go outside.
Volunteers make as minimal contact with the recipient as possible upon delivery
1. They will place items at the door and knock/ring the doorbell and/or call the recipient to inform them that their order has been delivered.
2. If items have not already been paid for, payment to the volunteer will be exchanged for cash, check, or PayPal/Venmo/Cash App/Zelle